MAC Cosmetics will always be my one true love! Being the first brand of high end makeup that I ever purchased, they will always hold a special place in my heart. I’ve tried numerous products throughout the years and wanted to do roundup of my absolute favorite, must have MAC items!
If I were to customize a lip set, this would be it!
“Velvet Lip Glide is an innovative hybrid lip formula that delivers highly saturated color with extraordinary comfort. Designed to glide like a gloss with the coverage of a lipstick.”
Naked Heat is on FIRE!!
Urban Decay’s newest addition to the Naked collection is the Heat eyeshadow palette! It has 12 brand new neutral shades that range from burnt orange to shimmering copper! These warm bronze-y tones are giving me MAJOR Summer vibes!! Launching online at Sephora on 6/28 and in stores 7/13!
Heavy on the skincare, glow, and lashes!!
With Summer practically here, my beauty routine deeply focuses on flawless glowy skin AND extreme lashes!! I discovered some new staples and fell back in love with some old favorites!
New to Ulta are the Fiona Stiles Multidimensional Color and Artist Eyeshadow Palettes! I saw Tati ((glamelifeguru on YoutTube)) rav on and on about the Multidimensional Color Palette and after seeing it in person, I knew I had to have it!! I have yet to be anything but impressed from Fiona Stiles products and these two new palettes are no exception!!
My favorite posts and videos are monthly favorites!! I love seeing what other beauty babes have been loving – it gives me inspiration for future purchases 😉 Here is what I was obsessed with last month!!
This month I discovered ((and REdiscovered)) so many amazing products! My January favorites consist of everything from new products to HG status makeup that I just can’t put down!!
2016 has been an phenomenal makeup year for me – new releases, new discoveries, old reconnected treasures, you name it!! Narrowing down my favorites was such a challenge. I tried to include products that I’ve used for the majority of 2016, but had to throw in some super stars that I found later in the year!
And the awards go to…
I was browsing in Ulta one evening and found myself in front of the Fiona Stiles products – everything that I’ve tried from her line so far, I’ve really enjoyed!! The Eye and Face Contouring Palette complete with shadows, a bronzer, highlighters, and blushes was literally speaking to me, I don’t know what it was but I knew I just HAD to have it! The bronze-y eyeshadow shades in the palette are what I crave during Fall and Winter and I had yet to try her bronzer and highlighters, making this palette the perfect way to put them all to the test!
If you’ve been an Instagram follower of mine for awhile, you know that the makeup I use on a daily basis is primarily dictated by my weekly ((sometimes bi-weekly)) rotation! I absolutely LOVE doing this!! It allows me to shop my stash and use products that may have been forgotten about, us makeup addicts are all guilty of this!
SO! What do I include and how do I choose the weekly rotation products? WELL! I have a couple of ground rules I like to follow;
- PRIMERS: I like to choose at least two primers – one smoothing and one more luminous. Depending on the foundation I choose to wear that day, I like to be able to match it to a primer that enhances its look, feel, and wear! This week I’m using the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water, and the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- FOUNDATION: Using the same thought process as with primers, I like to choose foundations with different finishes. I don’t necessarily always abide by my chosen foundations for the week – but use what I’m feeling that day 🙂
- CONCEALER: I like to have a more hydrating lighter coverage concealer and then a full coverage one. This week I’m using Lancôme Maquicomplet for my light weight one and Lancôme Effacernes for more full coverage
- POWDER: I only set my under eyes with my La Mer The Powder, so that’s always in rotation – but I switch up my face setting powders weekly. I like to rotate through the ones I own – either a translucent powder, mineral powder, or a pressed foundation. This week I’m using the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- BRONZER: I like to have one liquid bronzer ((duh!!)) and two powder bronzers to choose from. For my liquid bronzer, I rotate though the ones I own. This week it’s the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunkissed. For powder bronzers, I usually have one of my HG’s and then one I don’t use very often. This week I’m using two that I don’t use that frequently to see if I fall back in love with them lol – Too Faced Sweet Tea and Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 02 Bronze
- BLUSH: I like to have three blushes in rotation – a nude, pink, and peach toned. For me, these types of shades look best and are what I heavily gravitate towards! This week I’m using Tarte Risqué and NARS Impassioned ((Risqué pulls a peach nude on me so that’s why I’m only using two this week. Boom.))
- HIGHLIGHTER: I like to have one liquid highlighter and two or so powder highlighters that are different in tone that I can pair with any eye/lip combo! This week I’m using Benefit High Beam as my liquid higlihghter and for powder highlighters I’m using Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Peach Goddess, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01, Hourglass Strobing Powder in Brilliant, and the new Wet N Wild Gold Bar.
- EYESHADOW: I try to have two palettes to use on a weekly basis, although I may change this to one so I can give them each an equal amount of attention LOL! Generally, I like to have one that has a good assortment of matte shades and one that has a nice variety of shimmer shades! This week I’m using both the Lorac Pro 1 and 2 palettes and then threw in my custom Bobbi Brown palette ((I was craving the Toast and Camel shades!!))
- LIPPIES: These cannot be rotated in my opinion LOL!! I have to wear what I’m feeling – I’m a Leo, I’m loyal to all lip products.
There it is my loves, nothing to it!! Those are my general guidelines for my weekly rotation!! If you decide to try it or already do, tag my in your posts so I can see!!
*some affiliate links are used