My favorite posts and videos are monthly favorites!! I love seeing what other beauty babes have been loving – it gives me inspiration for future purchases 😉 Here is what I was obsessed with last month!!
Stop what you’re doing at this very moment and go sign up for a So Choix subscription – I’M SERIOUS!! This is THE subscription service I’ve been waiting for!! NO MORE CRAP BRANDS!! NO MORE RANDOM JUNK!!
2016 has been an phenomenal makeup year for me – new releases, new discoveries, old reconnected treasures, you name it!! Narrowing down my favorites was such a challenge. I tried to include products that I’ve used for the majority of 2016, but had to throw in some super stars that I found later in the year!
And the awards go to…
Because we ADORE our followers, we want to sprinkle holiday cheer to YOU!!❤️❤️❤️
Thank you for your continuous love, support, and friendship – each and every one of you is so special to Gigi and I and are extremely loved and appreciated!! To express our deepest gratitude, Gigi @beatfacefridayy and I are throwing our most EPIC giveaway yet!! Make sure to head over to Instagram for all of the rules ((also listed below!!))
The prizes are EPIC!! One of YOU will be winning EVERY. SINGLE. PRODUCT. that I’ve detailed below *PLUS* additional surprises!!
If you’ve been an Instagram follower of mine for awhile, you know that the makeup I use on a daily basis is primarily dictated by my weekly ((sometimes bi-weekly)) rotation! I absolutely LOVE doing this!! It allows me to shop my stash and use products that may have been forgotten about, us makeup addicts are all guilty of this!
SO! What do I include and how do I choose the weekly rotation products? WELL! I have a couple of ground rules I like to follow;
- PRIMERS: I like to choose at least two primers – one smoothing and one more luminous. Depending on the foundation I choose to wear that day, I like to be able to match it to a primer that enhances its look, feel, and wear! This week I’m using the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water, and the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- FOUNDATION: Using the same thought process as with primers, I like to choose foundations with different finishes. I don’t necessarily always abide by my chosen foundations for the week – but use what I’m feeling that day 🙂
- CONCEALER: I like to have a more hydrating lighter coverage concealer and then a full coverage one. This week I’m using Lancôme Maquicomplet for my light weight one and Lancôme Effacernes for more full coverage
- POWDER: I only set my under eyes with my La Mer The Powder, so that’s always in rotation – but I switch up my face setting powders weekly. I like to rotate through the ones I own – either a translucent powder, mineral powder, or a pressed foundation. This week I’m using the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- BRONZER: I like to have one liquid bronzer ((duh!!)) and two powder bronzers to choose from. For my liquid bronzer, I rotate though the ones I own. This week it’s the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunkissed. For powder bronzers, I usually have one of my HG’s and then one I don’t use very often. This week I’m using two that I don’t use that frequently to see if I fall back in love with them lol – Too Faced Sweet Tea and Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 02 Bronze
- BLUSH: I like to have three blushes in rotation – a nude, pink, and peach toned. For me, these types of shades look best and are what I heavily gravitate towards! This week I’m using Tarte Risqué and NARS Impassioned ((Risqué pulls a peach nude on me so that’s why I’m only using two this week. Boom.))
- HIGHLIGHTER: I like to have one liquid highlighter and two or so powder highlighters that are different in tone that I can pair with any eye/lip combo! This week I’m using Benefit High Beam as my liquid higlihghter and for powder highlighters I’m using Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Peach Goddess, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01, Hourglass Strobing Powder in Brilliant, and the new Wet N Wild Gold Bar.
- EYESHADOW: I try to have two palettes to use on a weekly basis, although I may change this to one so I can give them each an equal amount of attention LOL! Generally, I like to have one that has a good assortment of matte shades and one that has a nice variety of shimmer shades! This week I’m using both the Lorac Pro 1 and 2 palettes and then threw in my custom Bobbi Brown palette ((I was craving the Toast and Camel shades!!))
- LIPPIES: These cannot be rotated in my opinion LOL!! I have to wear what I’m feeling – I’m a Leo, I’m loyal to all lip products.
There it is my loves, nothing to it!! Those are my general guidelines for my weekly rotation!! If you decide to try it or already do, tag my in your posts so I can see!!
*some affiliate links are used
As a makeup lover, I’m constantly changing up the products I use for my face base. Sometimes I want something more glowing, sometimes I want something more smoothing, but I ALWAYS want something flawless!! I recently combined all of the below products together and LOVE the way they make my face look! Even my husband commented on how smooth my skin looked – and that’s saying something ((MEN!!))!