2016 has been an phenomenal makeup year for me – new releases, new discoveries, old reconnected treasures, you name it!! Narrowing down my favorites was such a challenge. I tried to include products that I’ve used for the majority of 2016, but had to throw in some super stars that I found later in the year!
And the awards go to…
Perfect neutrals with gorgeous coordinating shimmers – I give you the Ciaté London and Chloe Morello eyeshadow palette!! If I were to create an eyeshadow palette, this is EXACTLY what it would look like!! Super wearable, day to night appropriate shades, and an array of neutrals for numerous gorgeous looks!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! The mattes in the palette are wonderful – pigmented and easily blendable!
I was browsing in Ulta one evening and found myself in front of the Fiona Stiles products – everything that I’ve tried from her line so far, I’ve really enjoyed!! The Eye and Face Contouring Palette complete with shadows, a bronzer, highlighters, and blushes was literally speaking to me, I don’t know what it was but I knew I just HAD to have it! The bronze-y eyeshadow shades in the palette are what I crave during Fall and Winter and I had yet to try her bronzer and highlighters, making this palette the perfect way to put them all to the test!
Because we ADORE our followers, we want to sprinkle holiday cheer to YOU!!❤️❤️❤️
Thank you for your continuous love, support, and friendship – each and every one of you is so special to Gigi and I and are extremely loved and appreciated!! To express our deepest gratitude, Gigi @beatfacefridayy and I are throwing our most EPIC giveaway yet!! Make sure to head over to Instagram for all of the rules ((also listed below!!))
The prizes are EPIC!! One of YOU will be winning EVERY. SINGLE. PRODUCT. that I’ve detailed below *PLUS* additional surprises!!
The highly anticipated return of the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette is ALMOST HERE!! Alongside the palette, the Sweet Peach Collection comes with a blush, highlighting palette, and 8 creamy lip oils!! I can imagine that this will be the best smelling collection EVER!!!
The collection will launch online at Sephora on 12/15 ((the eye shadow palette will launch 12/26)) and in Sephora stores on 1/6!!
- Eyeshadow Palette – $49
- Sweet Peach Glow Kit Highlighting Palette – $42
- Sweet Peach Creamy Lip Oils, 8 shades – $19
- Papa Don’t Peach Blush – $30
What are YOU planning on picking up?!!
The Natasha Denona Star Palette is THE palette of 2016!!!
If I were to create an eyeshadow palette, this is EXACTLY what I would create – ND and I are totally on the save wave length! I even told my husband that when I pass, that I want to be buried with it ((too much?!! LOL)) There’s a harmonious balance of mattes, metallics, duo-chromes, and crystal finishes! The shade range is even more magnificent – warm, cool, and neutral never before seen shades that will look absolutely stunning on every skin tone! I. AM. OBSESSED. I mean, just check out the swatches below, but full disclosure – you may faint.
Kathleen Lights and Morphe have teamed up to bring us a newly curated eyeshadow palette! Some shades are new and exclusive to the palette while others can be found as singles or in Morphe’s other permanent palettes.
I LOVE Morphe shadows! The 35O and 35F palettes are major staples in my collection! I find them to be perfectly pigmented, smooth, and super blendable – the Kathleen Lights palette is no exception!!
If you’ve been an Instagram follower of mine for awhile, you know that the makeup I use on a daily basis is primarily dictated by my weekly ((sometimes bi-weekly)) rotation! I absolutely LOVE doing this!! It allows me to shop my stash and use products that may have been forgotten about, us makeup addicts are all guilty of this!
SO! What do I include and how do I choose the weekly rotation products? WELL! I have a couple of ground rules I like to follow;
- PRIMERS: I like to choose at least two primers – one smoothing and one more luminous. Depending on the foundation I choose to wear that day, I like to be able to match it to a primer that enhances its look, feel, and wear! This week I’m using the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water, and the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- FOUNDATION: Using the same thought process as with primers, I like to choose foundations with different finishes. I don’t necessarily always abide by my chosen foundations for the week – but use what I’m feeling that day 🙂
- CONCEALER: I like to have a more hydrating lighter coverage concealer and then a full coverage one. This week I’m using Lancôme Maquicomplet for my light weight one and Lancôme Effacernes for more full coverage
- POWDER: I only set my under eyes with my La Mer The Powder, so that’s always in rotation – but I switch up my face setting powders weekly. I like to rotate through the ones I own – either a translucent powder, mineral powder, or a pressed foundation. This week I’m using the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- BRONZER: I like to have one liquid bronzer ((duh!!)) and two powder bronzers to choose from. For my liquid bronzer, I rotate though the ones I own. This week it’s the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunkissed. For powder bronzers, I usually have one of my HG’s and then one I don’t use very often. This week I’m using two that I don’t use that frequently to see if I fall back in love with them lol – Too Faced Sweet Tea and Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 02 Bronze
- BLUSH: I like to have three blushes in rotation – a nude, pink, and peach toned. For me, these types of shades look best and are what I heavily gravitate towards! This week I’m using Tarte Risqué and NARS Impassioned ((Risqué pulls a peach nude on me so that’s why I’m only using two this week. Boom.))
- HIGHLIGHTER: I like to have one liquid highlighter and two or so powder highlighters that are different in tone that I can pair with any eye/lip combo! This week I’m using Benefit High Beam as my liquid higlihghter and for powder highlighters I’m using Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Peach Goddess, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01, Hourglass Strobing Powder in Brilliant, and the new Wet N Wild Gold Bar.
- EYESHADOW: I try to have two palettes to use on a weekly basis, although I may change this to one so I can give them each an equal amount of attention LOL! Generally, I like to have one that has a good assortment of matte shades and one that has a nice variety of shimmer shades! This week I’m using both the Lorac Pro 1 and 2 palettes and then threw in my custom Bobbi Brown palette ((I was craving the Toast and Camel shades!!))
- LIPPIES: These cannot be rotated in my opinion LOL!! I have to wear what I’m feeling – I’m a Leo, I’m loyal to all lip products.
There it is my loves, nothing to it!! Those are my general guidelines for my weekly rotation!! If you decide to try it or already do, tag my in your posts so I can see!!
*some affiliate links are used
Hey babes!! Do YOU want to win the new Burgundy Kyshadow palette?!! Head over to my Instagram for all of the details!!
Pssssstttt, my blog subscribers get an extra secret entry ((SHHHH!!)) 😉
With less, you are more
lilah b. makes beauty simple – and it’s easy to capture their simple, sleek, yet modern essence! Their products have blown me away – everything from the white pebble packaging to the product’s performance!!