Spring is upon us which means SPRING LOOKS – bright lips, bronzed glowy skin, and full lashes! I discovered so many new amazing products last month, both drugstore and high end, that I couldn’t put down!
- L’oreal Pro-Glow Foundation – a new staple in my collection! I love this on it’s own or mixed in with other full coverage foundations! It gives the most gorgeous, healthy, perfect coverage look!!
- L’oreal Pro-Matte Foundation – this is definitely MATTE! Too much so for me to wear on it’s own but I love mixing it with Pro-Glow! It’s been my go-to foundation cocktail this month!
- L’oreal Foundation Blender – I’ve purchased I think 4 of these by now! They are one of the best beauty sponges I’ve used, and the price (($8!!)) is unbeatable!!
- L’oreal Voluminous Eyelash Primer – my HG Dior lash primer changed in formula so I had to find a replacement, and this is as close as I’ve come! It really coats your lashes so that the mascara binds to the primer!
- Cover FX Illuminating Primer – this has become my FAVORITE illuminating primer! It gives your skin a beautiful glow under any foundation!
- Benefit Twinkle Highlighter – such a soft pink feminine highlighter! I’m obsessed!
- Benefit Hoola Lite – I’m light enough that this works for me as a bronzer! I think it layers beautifully with a liquid/cream bronzer for an effortless bronze!
- Fiona Stiles Multidimensional Color Palette – I haven’t been able to put this down ((I have a full review HERE))!
- Milani Baked Bronzer in ‘Dolce’ – a Kathleen Lights induced purchased and I’m so happy with it! It has gold veining running through the bronzer for a more luminous finish!
- NARS Blanc De Sable Highlighting Palette – endless highlighter combinations ((full review HERE))
- Ardency Inn Modster Eyeliner in ‘Gold’ – I wore this so much in March! I use it for my ‘light makeup’ looks on the upper and lower lash lines for a little extra something!
- LipSense ‘Kiss For A Cause’ color and Glossy Gloss – this gloss is EVERYTHING! So moisturizing that I even use it as a night treatment! And the bright pink shade is perfect for Spring!
- NYX Lip Liner in ‘Nude Pink’ – a gorgeous effortless and affordable liner!
- Huda Beauty Lip Liner in ‘Bombshell’ – I wear this with most nudes!!
- Make Up For Ever Lip Liner in ‘3C’ – another effortless no fuss liner!
- Essence Matt Matt Matt lipstick in ’01’ – a beautiful peachy nude! The formula and price are killer!!
- ColourPop Shadow in ‘Amaze’ – the perfect amount of champagne sparkle for any eye look!
- Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist – a great setting spray although my mister is a little clogged, I’ll have to purchase another one to see if that mister works any better ((fingers crossed!!))
What were YOUR favorites!?! Did we have any of the same?!
*affiliate links are used – bolded. When these links are clicked on, I may be compensated if you decide to make a purchase.
Summer collections are coming in hot!! I’ve had my eye on a handful of the products from the new Marc Jacobs ‘coconut’ line! I’ve already purchased and reviewed the Dew Drops Coconut Highlighter and received a sample of the Re(cover) Perfecting Coconut Setting Mist, which I’m not a huge fan of – the mister is awful. I’m looking forward to the new glosses to hit Sephora as well! BUT!! I was most excited about the new ((and only limited edition item from the collection – weird)) bronzer! The O!Mega Bronze Coconut Perfect Tan in ‘104 Tan-Tastic’ is SO eye catching in the slim white packaging and promised coconut scent! I couldn’t find ANY comparison swatches of the new bronzer versus the original bronzer in ‘Tantric 102’!! So I made sure to include swatches of the two bronzers side by side along with my first impressions!
I’ve been waiting for this since last November – the Sephora Spring sale!! The 15% off sale generally takes place every year some time in April! And I like to be prepared….
I’ve put together a collage of my wish list ((although it will have to be majorly cut down by the time the sale comes around – if I want to stay married…LOL)) and detailed the items below!! I also want to try a new concealer!! What do you babes recommend?!!
The newest edition to the Anastasia Beverly Hills highlighter family is the Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit! I wasn’t initially totally sold on the palette as I thought the shades wouldn’t work well with my light skin tone – but after seeing some ‘real life’ swatches on some of my favorite beauty Instagrammers, I knew I could make it work!!
“Get a smooth, even glow that lasts with the Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit. Each highlighter has an ultra-fine formula that won’t leave behind shimmer particles. Just layer these shades together or wear them separately on your face, eyes, and body. For even more glow, apply them with a damp makeup brush.”
Does this new glow kit hold up to my high expectations?! Let’s see!!
As the seasons change, so does our skin and our skincare needs! LATHER makes some of my all time favorite skin and body care products and I have some new goodies to share with you that will get your skin SPRING READY!!
New to Ulta are the Fiona Stiles Multidimensional Color and Artist Eyeshadow Palettes! I saw Tati ((glamelifeguru on YoutTube)) rav on and on about the Multidimensional Color Palette and after seeing it in person, I knew I had to have it!! I have yet to be anything but impressed from Fiona Stiles products and these two new palettes are no exception!!
Everyone, everywhere is coming out with new highlighters – and I don’t hate it! One of the newest ones to my growing GLOW collection is the NARS Banc De Sable highlighting palette, complete with THREE shades!
“A palette with three, universally flattering highlighters to illuminate the eyes and cheeks, while an ultra-versatile wet/dry formula takes you from sheer shimmer to an intense glow.”
“Instant Highlight. Golden Glow. Coconut Delight.”
I’m a HUGE fan of the Marc Jacobs Beauty line. Most of his products become STAPLES in my collection and every day makeup routine! Besides loving the brand, I LOVE liquid highlighters – so my hopes for this new product are high!
The Marc Jacobs Dew Drops – Coconut Gel Highlighter in ’50 Dew You?’ dropped for a sneak peek release last week, the full release I believe should be March 3rd. This stuff is literally liquid gold, definitely one of the prettiest gold liquid highlighters I’ve seen! This can be mixed in with primer, foundation, or used as a highlighter on the high points ((or everywhere lol)) of your face!
Stop what you’re doing at this very moment and go sign up for a So Choix subscription – I’M SERIOUS!! This is THE subscription service I’ve been waiting for!! NO MORE CRAP BRANDS!! NO MORE RANDOM JUNK!!
2016 has been an phenomenal makeup year for me – new releases, new discoveries, old reconnected treasures, you name it!! Narrowing down my favorites was such a challenge. I tried to include products that I’ve used for the majority of 2016, but had to throw in some super stars that I found later in the year!
And the awards go to…