MAC Cosmetics will always be my one true love! Being the first brand of high end makeup that I ever purchased, they will always hold a special place in my heart. I’ve tried numerous products throughout the years and wanted to do roundup of my absolute favorite, must have MAC items!
- These are some of my favorite bases for eye shadow. They are perfectly opaque and cover the lid space with a tackiness that allows eye shadow to adhere perfectly! These can also be used as cream shadows! I love the shades;
- Soft Ochre – yellow beige
- Painterly – nude beige
- I have a new found adoration for the MAC lip pencils! They are harder in consistency which allows you to precisely contour your lips. These are THE BEST lip liners for overdrawing and last for hours. If you want your lip color to stay put all day, line and fill in your lips with your favorite shade and top with a coordinating MAC lipstick! My favorite shades;
- Boldly Bare – dirty red brown
- Subculture – underground pink
- Soar – mid-tone pinkish brown
- Stripdown – creamy brown beige
- Whirl – dirty rose
- MAC offers a large variety of lipstick finishes and even more shades (like thousands…LOL!) so you’ll be sure to find your favorite! My favorite formulas from the line are ‘Cremesheen’, ‘Amplified’, and ‘Matte’!
- Cremesheen – A creamy, balmy Lipstick formula with a comforting feel, medium buildable coverage and a semi-glossy finish.
- Amplified – An ultra-creamy Lipstick formula with a smooth glide, bold colour payoff, full coverage and a semi-lustrous finish.
- Matte – A creamy rich Lipstick formula with high colour payoff in a no-shine matte finish.
- A highly concentrated loose color powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin. Create a subtle wash of color or an intense effect. Easy to blend and long-lasting. I love using the pigments for some extra glam on any eye look! Available in full and ‘to go’ sizes! My all time favorite shade is ‘Tan’ – a muted pinky brown bronze!
- MAC shadows are staples in my collection! They can be purchased in compact or pro pan form – I like to purchase the individual pans to create my own custom palette! Available in a wide variety of textures, finishes, and shades! My must have, every day shades are;
- Bamboo – no longer available 🙁
- Blanc Type – creamy beige
- Soft Brown – soft golden peachy-brown
- Shroom – soft beige with shimmer
- Texture – peachy-brown with shimmer
- I’ve gone through countless bottles of MAC’s Prep and Prim Fix+! Whether it be for personal use or on clients, I’m literally addicted!! A lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup.
- I use this twice in my makeup routine, as a prepping spray before foundation- the glycerin in it helps foundation adhere to the skin, and as setting spray of sorts after all of my face base liquids, creams, and powders have been applied!
- When in doubt, I always reach for a MAC blush! Available in over 5 finishes and in compact or pro pan form, they are designed by and for professionals, formulated to provide fantastic color with ease and consistency. Applies evenly, adheres lightly to skin to achieve a natural-looking application of color that stays put all day. My favorite shades are;
- Cantaloupe – rich Warm Cantaloupe
- Sunbasque – peach with pearl
- These are technically called an ‘Extra Dimension Skinfinish’ – the MAC highlighters are BOOM! They add the perfect glow to skin! They have prismatic reflections (duo-chrome), is designed to sculpt and highlight your face, leaving a luminous, well-defined finish. The creamy powder formula lasts up to ten hours! The ones I have in my collection are major favorites and I can always count on them when I really want to GLOW!
- Double gleam – beige that breaks silver
Oh, Darling! – metallic gold
Show Gold – peach that breaks pink
- If you’re looking for a full coverage powder foundation or a powder that gives a a little extra oomph over the top of a liquid foundation, you need the Studio Fix Powder! I love using this for touch ups or to set my foundation when I want the most flawless base possible (always using Fix+ after)! A one-step powder and foundation that gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte finish with medium to full coverage. Long-wearing, velvety texture allows skin to breathe. Available in a wide range of colours.
What are YOUR MAC must haves?! I’m always looking to add more products from the brand to my collection!!
*affiliate links are used – bolded. When these links are clicked on, I may be compensated if you decide to make a purchase.