If you’ve been an Instagram follower of mine for awhile, you know that the makeup I use on a daily basis is primarily dictated by my weekly ((sometimes bi-weekly)) rotation! I absolutely LOVE doing this!! It allows me to shop my stash and use products that may have been forgotten about, us makeup addicts are all guilty of this!
SO! What do I include and how do I choose the weekly rotation products? WELL! I have a couple of ground rules I like to follow;
- PRIMERS: I like to choose at least two primers – one smoothing and one more luminous. Depending on the foundation I choose to wear that day, I like to be able to match it to a primer that enhances its look, feel, and wear! This week I’m using the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water, and the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- FOUNDATION: Using the same thought process as with primers, I like to choose foundations with different finishes. I don’t necessarily always abide by my chosen foundations for the week – but use what I’m feeling that day 🙂
- CONCEALER: I like to have a more hydrating lighter coverage concealer and then a full coverage one. This week I’m using Lancôme Maquicomplet for my light weight one and Lancôme Effacernes for more full coverage
- POWDER: I only set my under eyes with my La Mer The Powder, so that’s always in rotation – but I switch up my face setting powders weekly. I like to rotate through the ones I own – either a translucent powder, mineral powder, or a pressed foundation. This week I’m using the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- BRONZER: I like to have one liquid bronzer ((duh!!)) and two powder bronzers to choose from. For my liquid bronzer, I rotate though the ones I own. This week it’s the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunkissed. For powder bronzers, I usually have one of my HG’s and then one I don’t use very often. This week I’m using two that I don’t use that frequently to see if I fall back in love with them lol – Too Faced Sweet Tea and Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 02 Bronze
- BLUSH: I like to have three blushes in rotation – a nude, pink, and peach toned. For me, these types of shades look best and are what I heavily gravitate towards! This week I’m using Tarte Risqué and NARS Impassioned ((Risqué pulls a peach nude on me so that’s why I’m only using two this week. Boom.))
- HIGHLIGHTER: I like to have one liquid highlighter and two or so powder highlighters that are different in tone that I can pair with any eye/lip combo! This week I’m using Benefit High Beam as my liquid higlihghter and for powder highlighters I’m using Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Peach Goddess, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01, Hourglass Strobing Powder in Brilliant, and the new Wet N Wild Gold Bar.
- EYESHADOW: I try to have two palettes to use on a weekly basis, although I may change this to one so I can give them each an equal amount of attention LOL! Generally, I like to have one that has a good assortment of matte shades and one that has a nice variety of shimmer shades! This week I’m using both the Lorac Pro 1 and 2 palettes and then threw in my custom Bobbi Brown palette ((I was craving the Toast and Camel shades!!))
- LIPPIES: These cannot be rotated in my opinion LOL!! I have to wear what I’m feeling – I’m a Leo, I’m loyal to all lip products.
There it is my loves, nothing to it!! Those are my general guidelines for my weekly rotation!! If you decide to try it or already do, tag my in your posts so I can see!!
*some affiliate links are used